Friday 31 August 2018

A year on...


Since returning to the UK from Zambia last year, I have become one of the trustees for The Kaniki Trust, the charity that funds and supports the work of Arise and Kapumpe. You may have seen on Facebook that building work has recently started at Kapumpe, which means that the third and final classroom block is now underway! I am returning to Zambia for two weeks in October and can’t wait to be reunited with the children, staff and the many friends that I made during my time out there. I will of course be sharing some photos from my trip here on my blog!


Building work at Kapumpe Christian Primary School

I’ve been back in the UK for over a year now and for the past 11 months have been working at Tearfund, a Christian relief and development charity. I am learning a lot, not only because working in an office is so vastly different from teaching, but also because my role is focused on the humanitarian sector. It turns out that the world is a much darker place than I realised; there are disasters and conflict going on all the time, the impact of which last for years. What we see in the media really is just a drop in the ocean.


Volunteering for Tearfund at Big Church Day Out

It is a privilege to work for Tearfund, who work in over 50 countries of the world through churches and local partner organisations to end extreme poverty. And so on Sunday 30th September I’m going to take on my first half marathon in Ealing, to raise money for Tearfund. Every little helps so if you would like to support Tearfund by sponsoring me in my run, you can follow this link.

Thank you so much for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment